aylinn: (Default)
[personal profile] aylinn
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/8873/1/
(neat link on toxoplasmosis that I found while reading LJ)

haven't posted much lately. mostly because I've been running from work to home to work to home.
as of 2/1 though I'm being forcibly required to stick to as close to 40 hours a week as I can.
Unfortunately, I did not get a raise either for going to the new contract or for January cost of living.

so what with increased commuting costs, things have been a bit more broke out. trying to keep things together and keep on keeping on though.

work is work only worse. the stress level has gone through the roof. I don't mind pitching in. I don't mind handling extra stuff. I just hate doing it without any solid ground under my feet. it is what it always is - an equation with three variables - time, techs, & tickets. I don't control tickets. and I have even less control of the other two variables than I used to have. So when I'm paddling as fast as I can, and barely making progress, please don't take my oars away. whoops, there they went... Yeah.

add to that the weird weather winter we've had and the resultant waves of plague...Including the hell the constantly changing temps have put my lungs through...Let's just say I'm glad I have the option of telecommuting open to me. my techs don't & several of them have suffered because of it.

There have been some high spots - the holiday season had some fun - my birthday party was a blast & I've recovered a lot of the damage to the music collection as a result - Darkover, New years at the Huminski house, some lovely much needed quiet & quality time with my husband, Brunswick games day, and other things.

we're going to see the Mythbusters on tour in March - that was my present to us for several reasons.

it's now been 7 years since the accident of doom. and yes, both TTH and I still get jittery around the end of January. It doesn't help that that's also NASA's "personal" gloom season.

So basically, I'm surviving. I haven't been doing much extra stuff, because I've been trying to not trigger spending binges I can't afford or things like that. Facebook has somewhat become my retreat of choice because of all of the "shiny" to distract me. but because I want to spend SOME time with my husband, I've sort of faded off the electronic communications radar. I'm also sort of avoiding it because I have been so stressed at work that the bipolar want to be distracted is rearing its head. too much ferret shiny and I don't pay attention to the job. and I have to pay attention to the job. I'm very burned out. and it's not showing any signs of giving me a chance to heal/repair/renew.

yeah, as you can tell, the mood swings have been hellacious. you can also tell how manic I've had to push myself just to keep up from the way this post has skipped around. which I also have to watch for budgetary reasons.

the mental governors are smoking so bad, they've hit bare metal in some spots. But one thing I want to do is give serious props to my husband. as always, he is and has been fantastic. Despite my odd twitches of incandescent frustration, I have tried to not take things out on him. and he's always wandering by & hugging me or doing other things to take care of me.

and no, I'm not cloning him. he's mine, mine, all mine. and I'm keeping him.

Profile

aylinn: (Default)
Aylinn

February 2013

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10 11 1213141516
17181920212223
24 25262728  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 05:34 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios