As I said a while back, I've found Pinterest. (I'm at http://pinterest.com/allisonkaese/ if you are interested)
Now between that, Google, & Wikipedia, I've discovered some really good jumping off spots for inspiration.
Type a search term into Pinterest, find images related to it, & then go further through Google & Wikipedia.
So I'm trying to work up a description for a place on Alquennas. I did a search for "natural waterfalls trees"
because I'm trying to accurately describe/depict/define a mystic temple grove near a waterfall.
That lead to pins which led to these two Earth Science Pictures of the day:
http://epod.usra.edu/blog/2009/10/lost-waterfall.html
http://epod.usra.edu/blog/2010/12/eternal-flame-waterfall.html
Now I've been around for a while on this earth and while I've rambled through a few woods in my day and I've even rambled through woods near these two locations - I would never have known about these sites without today's informational resources. The really amazing thing is how geologically temporary both locations are. All it would take to blow both sites out of existence is some erosion or Fault line shifting. Or construction on the part of humans.
Fortunately both spots are park protected:
http://www.nyfalls.com/eternalflame.html
http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/mnf/home
I've never seen two more potentially "magical" places. Especially that "Eternal Flame" location. That site to me seems to be pretty much the definition of air, earth, fire, & water. They've now been added to my bucket list. Those places & places like them are true sources of wonder. And very worthy of the old '70s dictum - "Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints."
Once again I'm reminded how wonderfully this song describes my religious viewpoint:
http://www.echoschildren.org/CDlyrics/WORDGOD.HTML
Talk about God writing the rocks...
Now between that, Google, & Wikipedia, I've discovered some really good jumping off spots for inspiration.
Type a search term into Pinterest, find images related to it, & then go further through Google & Wikipedia.
So I'm trying to work up a description for a place on Alquennas. I did a search for "natural waterfalls trees"
because I'm trying to accurately describe/depict/define a mystic temple grove near a waterfall.
That lead to pins which led to these two Earth Science Pictures of the day:
http://epod.usra.edu/blog/2009/10/lost-waterfall.html
http://epod.usra.edu/blog/2010/12/eternal-flame-waterfall.html
Now I've been around for a while on this earth and while I've rambled through a few woods in my day and I've even rambled through woods near these two locations - I would never have known about these sites without today's informational resources. The really amazing thing is how geologically temporary both locations are. All it would take to blow both sites out of existence is some erosion or Fault line shifting. Or construction on the part of humans.
Fortunately both spots are park protected:
http://www.nyfalls.com/eternalflame.html
http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/mnf/home
I've never seen two more potentially "magical" places. Especially that "Eternal Flame" location. That site to me seems to be pretty much the definition of air, earth, fire, & water. They've now been added to my bucket list. Those places & places like them are true sources of wonder. And very worthy of the old '70s dictum - "Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints."
Once again I'm reminded how wonderfully this song describes my religious viewpoint:
http://www.echoschildren.org/CDlyrics/WORDGOD.HTML
Talk about God writing the rocks...
no subject
Date: 2013-01-26 01:35 am (UTC)